Friday, March 30, 2007

photo-opportunities

If you go regularly on the website where my parents put the photos of me you understand that I'm the offer of excessive photographing! But my parents take all these photos so that family and friends that are far away can watch my development. This week my father is in France and my mum is the only one responsible for the photographing, and what does she do? Has she photographed my great improvement in coordinating my hands, or my ability to grab things and put in my mouth? Or has she photographed my eagerness to sit (even if I still need help to remain sitting), or did she photograph my neverending smile? Nothing of the sort. The only two times this week that she has photographed me was when I was asleep! I know that it didn't happen that often...I've had a bit of a problem falling asleep during the day lately (although in this moment I am asleep in my bed -where I fell asleep by myself after lying there awake for half an hour!! Now that pleased my mum alot).
I'll comment on these two photo-opportunities!

This first photo was taken a few days ago. My mum had taken me down to the centre for a walk and I fell asleep. When we came home I continued sleeping. My mum didn't take off my outdoor clothes when we came home and she swallowed her lunch in 3 seconds, hoping I wouldn't wake up too soon, but I slept for another 2 hours. I don't know why I managed this time, but maybe the warm clothes and the fetal position I assume in the car seat reminded me of my time in the womb, and made me sleep so well





This second photo was taken after my mum had taken my out for a walk in the kangaroo-bag one evening. I had only done a couple of power-naps that day, and honestly I was a bit exhausted. So after an hour-long walk I was still asleep when we came home and my mum just losened the kangaroo-bag (you can see one half of it under me) and let me sleep fully dressed on the bed, where I continued to sleep for one hour.

Besides showing me sleeping, these photos also remind you of the obsession that my mum has with my sleep. This week she is even making a chart every day with my sleep-pattern, in order to try to understand if there is more regularity to my behaviour than previously thought. I'm not really interested in her findings, I'll just continue doing as I like -and my mum knows it too, sooner or later I'll be more regular!