Thursday, September 13, 2007

The world is my playground

Ah...life IS beautiful. When I wake up in the morning I play a little in bed and check that my toys have had a good night sleep, then I stand up and look over my parent's bed to see where they are hiding. First I can't see them -but there are strange landscapes under the bedsheets. Then I do my wakeup-call, and tell my parent's how impatient I am to start the day. That does the trick. They never fail to stick their heads out of their bedsheets when I start calling them. Well, at least my mum. My dad is better at hiding. Mum says that he's at someplace called work and I still haven't figured out where that is -which is strange, for our flat is really small. It's just a small hole really.

When my mum comes out of her hiding place I start jumping up and down in my bed, for I'm so excitied -I can't wait to start playing. Usually we start the day by playing a bit in my parent's bed, or maybe my mum reads me a book or two. Then when I start to feel that my stomach is a little empty I go and explore the milk-tanks. I need a lot of energy for all the playing to come. The world (our flat) has become my playground! I figured out how to crawl in the end of july, in Akureyri (boy, was my mum excited) and just a few days later I stood up for the first time. Since then I'm constantly on the move. I crawl, I climb, and have conquered almost every furniture there is in our small flat. My parents bought linoleum flooring (is that what it's called?) with the map of a town, and have covered the floor in the living-room with it. I'm supposed to play mainly there, but it's much more fun climbing the sofa, or under a chair, putting my hands in the VCR or catching things I'm not really supposed to play with -such as the remote control and my mum's cell phone! Why should I stick to the designated area when the rest of the flat is much more fun? When I go to places where I'm not really supposed to be, such as in the kitchen or try to climb the radiator my mum says nei nei nei nei and gives me the worried look. I know what it means, and do stop what I'm doing for a while, but then curiosity has better of me and I continue. Then my mum says again nei Oscar nei, and then she gives me a short lecture on why I can't, it's hot, it's dangerous, it's ullabjakk and so on -as if that makes me any less curious! Well, I'm young, and there is a world out there to discover...!

No comments: