Come october, come autumn -well, if that is what this is. This morning when I went for the daily morning walk with my mum, everything was changed! The houses, the trees, the cars, everything was covered with something white and wet. I wanted to touch it to see what it felt like, but the closer we got to it, the further it went away as if it was trying to escape from us! When we passed the rice-fields we couldn't see the trees that are on the other side, but I know they were there for I could hear the birds singing in the trees and greeting me like they do every morning. It just appeared as if they had been eaten by a big white and wet monster, that was lying there digesting the tree truncs and laughing.

When we went to the bridge to say hello to the river, like we do every day, we couldn't see where the river came from or where it was going. We just saw a small piece of river flowing under the bridge before it melted into the white and wet thing. I wish someone had goven me a warning, for this change was far too drastic and far to sudden for me. Then suddenly the sun appeared and wiped away the monster in just few moments, and I could see (to my great relief) that everything was just as it used to be. My mum calls this monster "FOG" and tells me that if the weather is going to continue to be the typical Po-valley weather we're going to see a lot of it this winter. Hm...! I just checked the weather-forcast f

or the following days, and I guess we WILL be seeing a lot of the fog in the days to come (see the bars in the last column!). My mum is not so happy about it, she finds the fog a bit depressing. But I just told her to go out without her glasses and try to focus mainly on the beautiful colours of the leaves on the trees and if she gets sad I'll just sing her a song that I invent and that makes life a ten-million-times more sweet for her :)
2 comments:
For a sec there I thought that you were talking about snow and was going to say: Who'd thought Italy had snow and Canada doesn't (well, not down here where I am) and then I found out you're talking about fog. I don't see a lot of that but lots of rain though and that's just as depressing if not more so.
Don't forget, Stina, that Italy has THE ALPS...and it actually snowed there (above 1400m) last week...so actually Italy has some snow.
Post a Comment