Saturday, August 23, 2008

Breaking the ice

I've decided to make a silent comeback to my blog. Maybe no-one ever checks this blog anymore, but in case you do...well, this time you've got something to read -and don't forget to leave a comment!
I'll start this ice-breaking blog with a-n-ice story of myself, and tell you about an event that put a smile on my parents face in the middle of the night -quite an accomplishment I'd think!
Well, here goes. I've been working alot on my vocabulary lately, adding words every day and trying to polish the pronounciation of the most difficult words. The double consonants are the trickiest, I still don't dare trying to pronounce things like "sk", "st" or "sm" or other similar sounds, but I've perfectioned e.g. the pronounciation of "blue" both in italian (blu) and in icelandic (blàr) and I say "graenn" (green) and "trè" (tree) with an "rrrr" so long and scrolling that the vibrating airwaves coming from my mouth easily disturb the flight of flies that find themselves in the same room as me. The vocabulary and pronounciation exercises go on all day long with gentle instructions from my parents, but sometimes the day is not long enough for me so I have to continue the exercises also during the night also. A few days ago e.g. I passed the colour-card at 2 o'clock in the night "gulur, blàr, graenn.." just to make sure that I'd got them all right and that I hadn't forgotten anything during my sleep, and last night I made another exercise that is really the centerpiece of this story here.
Now try to put yourself in my mum's shoes last night, sometime before the break of dawn. You wake up and try to overcome gravity to turn yourself around in bed with a record-big water-melon attached to your belly, then you use all your forces to stand up and walk on your water-cushion feet towards the bathroom where you empty the bladder that had seemed so full but was only half full -the rest of the pression on it was caused by the bellydweller and it's constant kicking and dancing. Then you walk back to bed -and don't forget to try (while walking) to imitate a penguin with a huge watermelon attached to the belly, swinging from side to side, risking to crash against doors and walls that are on your way. Once back in bed you lie down, put a supportive pillow between the legs to minimize the pubalgia and backpain and then you try to fall back to sleep. The falling-back-to-sleep business may take a little while and you might have to fight gravity several times again to turn around in bed looking for a position that seems vaguely comfortable. Then suddenly you hear a sound coming from your son's room. A sweet and sincere childish voice that passes throught the darkness of the night and goes straight to the ears and hearts of his parents, repeats at least a ten times:
"ìs...mmmmmm, ìs...mmmmmm!"

4 comments:

Helga F said...

Hehe :) Er einmitt búið að vera hugsað sérstaklega mikið til mömmu þinnar upp á síðkastið, en gsm-sambandið í Sörkedalen er eitthvað voðalega bágborið þessa dagana, svo síminn er búinn að vera steindauður í nokkra daga núna. Vona að þið látið frá ykkur heyra þegar bumbubúinn kemur í heiminn :) Hafðu það sem best Oscar minn og skilaðu kærri kveðju til mömmu og pabba :)

Allegri all'aperto said...

Takk fyrir kvedjurnar ;) Mamma lofar ad lata vita thegar bumbubuinn akvedur ad nu se nog komid af bumbuverunni -kvedjur til Osloar, Oscar

Anonymous said...

Gaman að sért aftur farin að Blogga, ég kíki mjög reglulega og athuga hvort sért aftur kominn af stað í bloggheimum..
Svana

Unknown said...

Velkominn til baka og til hamingju með mömmu. Ég sé nú þegar að genin frá mömmu þinni eru sterk í þér. Ís...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.