Friday, October 10, 2008

Angels and demons

On my right shoulder, there is a little angel. He whispers to me advices on how to be a good boy. He tells me to kiss Irene or touch her gently when she is crying, he tells me to obey my parents, to treat well my toys, to eat my food and so on. This is a nice angel, and when I listen to him, my parents are very happy and say that I'm a little angel myself! The only problem is that sometimes I can't hear him, for on my left shoulder there is a little demon that shouts louder than the angel, and jumps up and down until I do like he says I should do. He tells me to hit Irene (best of all if it's on the head, he says), he tells me not to listen to my parents, never to mind if my toys get broken by my bad treatment, only to eat my food if they're among my top five favourites (the rest is best thrown on the floor) and so on. When I do like the demon tells me to do, the little angel sits down on my shoulder and cries unhappily. Then my parents tell me that they think there is a destructive force in me (especially when I feel forced to hit my little sister repeatedly on the head). Sometimes I have to physically remove the demon. I pick him up by the tail and throw him into the darkest corner of our house -just as he has told me to do with my toys. Then he stays away for some days, but he always finds his way back eventually, skinny and weak, as if he is driven by hunger which he can only calm by feeding on my bad behaviour! Luckily the angel never gives up on me, and continues to whisper his good advice in my ears even when I can't hear him at all. And luckily my parents don't give up on me either, for they know that parent's love is like a poison for little demons, so slowly we are killing the demon with my good behaviour and the love of my parents.

1 comment:

Helga F said...

Húllalla! Stattu þig strákur!! :)