If mum thought that being able to fall asleep by oneself was the recipe for problem-free nights forever, then she has had to think again!Mum says I'm lovely, and that being able to put me to bed awake and counting on me falling asleep by myself has been one of the keys to the good times we've been having the past 5 months. But lately I've started waking up more during the night. First mum thought that the reason was that I was hungry! In fact I WAS beeing more distracted while drinking during the day, and so mum thought that maybe I had to recover the drops of milk lost during the day with some night-time sipping. But recently she got more of the idea that my night-time drinking was making me less hungry during the day and therefore more distracted during the daytime-breastfeeding. Then, when I added a couple of more wake-up moments to the night, accompanied with loud screams (NB. not cries, screams) that would fit more to a film forbidden to under 18yrs (and that scared the shit out of most of our neighbours (and our good guests from Iceland), than to the throat of a 5 months old cuty, then finally she added 2+2 and got the right result. I was waking up to socialize (whith whom, you may wonder since I called for attention by screaming). When mum decided that she was not going to breastfeed me 4 times a night she started to listen to the way I was screaming, and realized that I was not calling for the milk tanks at all and therefore, without further a do (and no warning whatsoever) cut the after-hour feedings to zero. Now I wake up happy as a bliss int he morning and feed well during the day, and mum wakes up with two bricks in her bra and a smile on he face. She thought it was about time to recover a good night's sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment