Monday, March 02, 2009

6 months

Half a year has passed since I left mum's belly and started exploring the world! And what an adventure awaited me!

To celebrate, mum brought me out for a long walk. The day had started out gloomy, but at lunchtime the sun managed to melt a thick layer of clouds and me and mum jumped out to enjoy a prelude to the spring. We walked around town, through the center, and down by the river. We stopped for a long while on the pedestrian bridge over the river Brembo, letting the sun caress our faces while we watched a lady feeding a big group of seagulls that are unfaithful to their name and have decided to hang around Ponte San Pietro -which is as much inland as it gets in Italy. I guess we should call them river-gulls instead!
Once we came home mum gave me some prunes to eat, but don't be fooled to think it was to celebrate my 6 months...it was just to soften you know what, which has become a bit "different" after I started on solids! I merrily spit it all out, so mum had to really use her talent to get me to eat half a jar! For the rest of the day I was busy with all the things that the life of a 6 months old baby eveolves around, watching Oscar, hugging mum, giggling with dad...!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

til hamingju með 1/2 árs afmælið :-)

Anonymous said...

so beautiful!
i forgot her birthday was monday! amalias was sunday- 4 months.