Sunday, April 26, 2009

Yellow and blue -mainly yellow!

Yellow is my favourite colour. My absolute favourite colour. But I also like blue. For some time I've insisted to always wear at least one yellow item, a sweater or trouses (or both if possible) -and invariably my socks have to have stripes. If mum tries to make me wear e.g. all brown, I will protest until I get to wear at least one yellow item -or, in the worst case, a blue one. Sometimes mum says I can't wear anything yellow, for she is washing all my yellow clothes! Then I insist to see the laundry, for since she does not do colour coded washing I find it it incredibly imprudent and insensible of her to wash all my yellow clothes at the same time!
My love for yellow also goes beyond clothes. Yellow cars and yellow motorbikes are e.g. high up on my list of beloved things and I can get grumpy if I don't see at least one of each on my way to or from the kindergarten -sometimes I'm even more precise and insist the yellow car being a FIAT 500, which is my favourite car. Unfortunately there seems to be a shortage of yellow cars and motorbikes in the bergamo province, which can lead to considerable grumpieness on my behalf -and I tend not to believe it when mum says that all the yellow cars have gone for a picnic in the mountains (in the morning) or have gone to sleep (in the afternoon). Once I also insisted to stop on the bridge (THE ponte of Ponte San Pietro) for half an hour waiting to see a train pass on the train-bridge, then when the train passed and it was white and not yellow I demanded to stay until a yellow train would pass, but mum told me we would have to wait a loooong time and that it would get cold on the bridge at night and we would probably get quite hungry too, so I agreed to go home and draw a yellow train on my writing block instead -although it's not quite the same thing! Luckily though, our house is yellow, and my room is yellow...!

3 comments:

Helga F said...

Bílar í piknikk liksom.. Ekki skrýtið að þú eigir erfitt með að trúa á þessa ýtskýringu.. ;)

Allegri all'aperto said...

Bilar geta vel farid i piknik (eg hef sed pixar Cars a youtube og veit ad bilar eiga ser lif -og kunna ad tala). En ALLIR i einu...that's too much!

Unknown said...

Hahahaha. Þetta er bráðfyndið. Hef heyrt um stelpur sem vilja að allt sé bleikt en...