
Every night I have the same dream. I dream that I wake up hungry, but before I can do anything about it, a fairy comes to me. She is dressed in white, her hair is white, her embrace is warm and she doesn't seem to touch ground as she brings me into the living room where she gives me warm milk to drink. I feel so relaxed in her arms that soon I fall asleep again. Next time I wake up she is no longer there, but I know that I'll only have to wait for the next night to come to see her again.
My mum tells me that there is an army of fairies in the dream-world that are responsible for the wellbeing of little boys like me during the night. Each of them is dedicated to one baby making sure that they are warm and well fed and that their dreams are sweat. She has warned me not to speak to my fairy or look her in the eyes, for else she might become scared and not show up in my dreams the following night. I wouldn't want to scare away my little fairy, so I try not to do this. But sometimes I manage to strap a hair or two from her as I'm drinking, and when I wake up in the morning the hair is still in my fist -which makes me wonder if I had been dreaming at all!
No comments:
Post a Comment