Friday, March 16, 2007

Screams

If you've read my last few blogs you might get the idea that I was a baby that never created any problems -and you wouldn't be far from the truth. Normally I'm quite good. I can stay awake for a couple of hours and play and produce smiles continuosly. But I also have my moments of anger, hungry and boredom -and in these moments I use my voice! And what a voice, now that I've learnt to use it so well!
One of the moments when my parents can be sure I use the voice is when they're dressing me to go out. Maybe I was in a fantastic good mood until they decided to dress me, and then all of a sudden I change into a screaming baby. BAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Our neighbours (which I think that must all lead a rather uninteresting lives) pay good attention to my screams and report them to my mum when they meet her outside -as if it makes my mum happy to hear that people as far as 5 houses away could hear her son complaining when he was getting dressed! First they give me compliments say that it's wonderful how I sleep in the pram, then they add "but we could hear him when you brought him outside this morning".
Well, I am a baby, and babies don't have many other ways to communicate (And I do hate to get dressed), why would they have to let my mum know that they heard? My dad says that it is to show their affection and that they are interested in us. But my mum wonders if she should reply sometimes and say, "speaking of that, I heard you and your wife quarreling yesterday -what a refreshing little fight, eh! but I'm glad that you are calm like the ocean today!". But she doesn't, and instead she just enjoys the compliments, ignores the rest- smiles to them and looks forward to the warmer days when we can just sneak out without all the neighbourhood knowing about it!