Thursday, November 29, 2007

11 months

Once again we've arrived to the 29th. How time is flying! I'm 11 months old, and although I'm still fighting the ear infection etc. I'm enjoying myself immensely. You can gather from the list from the previous blog that there is never a dull moment in Oscarlandia. And actually, my parents have found out that when things are calm and quiet, there is a reason to be worried! Yesterday, for example, my mum was changing my bedsheets and I was playing by myself. Suddenly my mum realized that I was awfully quiet, so she went to check what I was up to, and found me chewing on the moon from my goodnight-book -with the book nowhere around! She was not happy! Another classical example is that I'm playing around the entrance door and my mum is bizzying herself in the kitchen, happy for every moment that I'm not playing some music on the radiator. Then I let myself disappear behind the corner, and before I can count to ten (which I would do if I knew how to count) my mum comes running Nei nei nei, not the electricity! For she knows that when I disappear like this I'm off to study the electricity-cables in the bedroom -well, the only chance I get to study them is when she is not there to forbid me to touch them!
Today we wont do much to celebrate. My appetite is not yet completely back so there is no use to celebrate through the stomach (although at lunch I did get to taste my mum's kjot ì karry, which was delicious), my dad is away for work, so we can't do something all three together. In the end I decided that the best way to celebrate was to do something I have recently discovered. Something that my mum has been trying to do with me since I was born, but I've never liked very much. Something that I've found out is warm, cozy and a great way to express emotions. Something so simple and yet so great. It's to hug and being hugged. Who thought that I would need a month of buggedybugs to learn to appreciate it! Today I have craved an overdose of it from my mum (being ill and all, I'm allowed to). In the end she had to make a sling out of an old scarf so that her arms wouldn't fall off from excessive embracing with me. What a perfect way to celebrate my 11 months.
Bearhugs to all of you...

2 comments:

Helga F said...

Mér finnst þú alltaf vera eldri Óskar, held að það sé vegna þess hversu hárprúður þú ert! Mörg börn á þínum aldri eru meira og minna hálf sköllótt.. Svona til þess að gera ;)
Ætlið þið heim um jólin í ár? :)
kveðja,
Helga "tanta" í Osló

Allegri all'aperto said...

;) Thad er nu reyndar buid ad klippa mig tvisvar...annars liti eg ut eins og hippi!
Vid forum ekki heim til Islands um jolin, farid thid?