Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Bugged by bugs

November will be remembered as the bugged-by-bugs month. After the fever, cold, and running nose I'm now down with ear infection. Is there no end to this? When they say that kindergarten gives you so much, I didn't think they were referring to diseases! I went to the kindergarten yesterday (monday), but already in the afternoon I was ill. My mouth and my ear were hurting so much that when I was going to drink my mum's milk it was as if my mouth was full of broken glass that was cutting me. I refuted the milk crying, which happens very rarely and so my mum started to suspect things. Then she found out that my ears hurt (it's always the first thing she checks when I behave in a strange way) and off we went to the doctor who prescribed antibiotics for me. I already feel much better. The appetite is back, and although I'm still a bit weak, I've got a lot of energy between my naps. So now that I'm home from kindergarten I play all day long with my mum. Here is a list of the top ten things I like to do.
  1. Make noise by throwing or hitting things. The best of all is throwing something heavy like a metal teaspoon to the radiator which makes a super hollow sound (and my mum goes banana!)
  2. Hide things under the sofa/bed and then go fetch it.
  3. Fill and empty any container/box with whatever I have at hand. My favourite is the box with the (plastic) building bricks and the top is to empty the box over my head
  4. Play hockey with the cooking spatula and a building brick (or any other object around)
  5. Give my parents and Bjalla a big hug
  6. Play hide and seek, with my parents or with Bjalla (who is very good at hiding)
  7. Study all the "remote corners" of the flat, like behind the cooker (not allowed)
  8. Read my books. I alternate on what is my favourite, but at the moment it's "The green hat" a very very simple story about a green hat that is tired of the hat-store where it is on display
  9. Let my parents chase me around the house
  10. Play the "tunnel" game with the big pillows on the sofa

No comments: