I got my first parking ticket the other day. The reason was lack of beauty in the way me and my mum parked our car! Well, I know that Italy is known for style, fashion and architecture and that beautiful things are appreciated here as nowhere else, but I didn't know that it also extended itself to parking! Now I know!I had gone with my mum downtown, it was raining, and we had some problems finding a parking place. Finally we found one along the Ticino river, and my mum parked between another car and a tree. When we had run our errands (which basically consisted in me washing the floor of the Minerva bar with my hands and trousers while my mum chatted with some friends) we found a parking ticket under the windscreen wiper.
The car DJ832LZ was not parked paralell to the right margin of the driveway.Please pay 36 € within 10 days or we'll do something nasty (ask more money i.e. !!).
I don't think it was even the vigili urbani that wrote the ticket, but the vigili of parking estetics. We would like to underline that the car was not protruding onto the street, it did not arrive to the sidewalks or block the passage of people in any way, and the damn right margin of the driveway was under a 30cm thick layer of fallen autumn leaves. When we drove home, we passed at least 25 other cars parked as our car along the river -probably all with a parking ticket surprise for their owners. Is it possible that the vigili get a percentage of the tickets they write?
No comments:
Post a Comment