Friday, January 11, 2008

New game

Life is such a treat and I'm constantly inventing new games to have fun. My latest invention is a game that my father used to master in when he was a child. In the regional Tuscany championship of 1969 his winning move was pointing at a white wall screaming "I want that". There was no way for the other babies to overdo that wish and his glorious victory has eluminated his life ever since.
Now I'm trying to follow in his footstep, and what fun there is to have. The game, as I play it, goes like this. I point at any spot in the flat, more or less randomly, and then I grunt or say something that my mum understands as I want that. Then my mum tries to decipher what it is I want, and bring me the thing I point at. If, for example, I point at the window-sill in the living room, she might bring me the bottle of the Fluor-drops, but the rule of the game is, never to let her guess right the first time what I want, so even if I really would like to play with the fluor-bottle (sic!) then I just continue pointing at the window sill and grunting until she brings me somthing else. Usually I stop at the third thing she brings me, even if it means I have to play with an empty envelope or a teaspoon, but sometimes, for fun, I start crying out of an apparent disappointment for having a parent that doesn't understand me. Then my mum gets really frustrated, and I get a lot of bonus-points. I will probably never reach the level of my father, but I am doing my best!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha. That's funny. Now ask your mom for me how much SHE likes this game.

Allegri all'aperto said...

Oh, but she loves it! I think! She says it's a very pedagogic game, where she can use the opportunity to teach me the names of the items I point at!

Unknown said...

OK, that makes sense. Now another question. Have you ever seen a book called Uncle Shelby's ABZ book? Maybe I should read for you a little bit from that and see how much your mom likes that!!!!

Allegri all'aperto said...

Oh, my God. I just looked up Uncle Shelby's ABZ on internet and I don't think my mum would like very much that you read from it for me, yet! At least not until I've developed a bit my own judgement and don't belive in every stupid thing I hear!

Unknown said...

Hehe, OK, I'll wait a bit. Although, when you have a brother or a sister I'm going to read this for you:

B is for baby
See the baby
The baby is fat
The baby is pink
The baby can cry
The baby can laugh
See the baby play
Play, baby, play.
Pretty, pretty, baby.
Mommy loves the baby more than she loves you.