Sunday, October 05, 2008

Giant overnight

Size is relative. Mount Everest and a mosquito can e.g. both be big and small depending on what the point of reference is. So when I became a giant over night, it was not because my growth hormones were playing a trick on me and made an oversize me in few hours, but because the point of reference for my size changed very suddenly. I'm actually not sure what thereference point for my size was until the first of september this year. Maybe it was just my own size the weeks before, or the size of my clothes that I am slowly outgrowing one by one. But when Irene was born SHE became the new reference point, at least in my parent's eyes. My mum got the first shock when she took me inher arms for the first time after she came back from the hospital. She had to check if she was really embracing the right child...I was so much bigger to her than I had seemed just 3 days earlier. The second shock came when she changed my diaper later that day. Compared to Irene, I am a giant and as strange as it feels for my parents to hold a newborn baby in their arms agaiN (they had really forgotten how small they are), it is even stranger to realize that i'm no longer that little baby but have grown to become a big boy -relatively big, ofcourse!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Mér sýnist þú nú bara vera orðinn unglingur!

Anonymous said...

Þau eru fljót að stækka þessar elskur!! Var að máta son vinkonu minnar síðan í byrjun ágúst og minnist þess ekki að Emma hafi verið svona lítil!!!

Allegri all'aperto said...

Stina: Photoshop!!!!

Svana: Eg var orugglega aldrei svona litill...hvad sem pabbi og mamma segja um thad!